Wednesday 23 October 2013

Sweet Dreams Aren't Made of These

Had to get out of bed excessively early. Why? Because I was having a reoccurring dream where I was performing RNA extractions and realising I'd done something stupid mid-way. Things like realising I didn't have a glove on or I hadn't washed surfaces with SDS first. A particular favourite was discovering I'd put the flies and Trizol in a 10 ml falcon rendering it impossible to squash them with a pestle and then wondering if i could get away with decanting them into a 1.5 ml eppendorf.

It seems pretty sad when even my anxiety nightmares are science based.

As you may have guessed - I'm planning on doing RNA extractions later in the week. Hopefully these mental trial simulations will mean the real thing goes more smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment