Sunday 8 June 2014

Forget Me Not

At around 9:30 pm last night I was about to make some food, open a beer and watch a film, when I suddenly thought "did I take those mini-preps out of the centrifuge after the final spin?". Surely I had, but the doubt lingered and I knew if I didn't nip it in the bud it would ruin the evening and probably culminate in a night where nightmares about DNA visibly decaying in front of my eyes would ruin my sleep. So I went into work. Luckily, it only takes 10 minutes if I jog.
Unsurprisingly, said mini-preps were comfortably nestled inside the freezer. The centrifuge lid was open in what appeared to be a mocking laugh. I walked back home and got a take-away so the trip wasn't a complete waste and nightmares about work were avoided.

Doubt is a dangerous thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment